Managing your work priorities with your desire to be productive can be a bit of a balancing act sometimes. Especially if a big chunk of your day involves endless admin or data entry. 🙃
But what if we told you we could automate all the tedious tasks that take up your precious time, so you could just focus on feedback?
Well, get ready to have your mind blown. It’s time to say hello to supercharged workflows with our new Zapier integration! ⚡
With Zapier, you can connect MarkUp.io to 5,000+ other SaaS tools like Asana and ClickUp so you can streamline your MarkUp.io processes like never before!
And there’s even more good news: along with being a no-code platform, Zapier offers a freemium plan. This means anyone can dive in and start automating straight away (up to five single-step Zaps monthly).
How’s that for productivity? 😎
Let’s dive a little deeper into why we’re so excited to integrate with this automation powerhouse.
How does Zapier work?
Zapier is a tool that helps you automate your workflow by connecting all the apps you use.
Without having to hire someone to build the integration for you! 💪
This is done by setting up a Zap, which essentially lets one app talk to another. Each Zap involves a trigger and at least one action. Every time the trigger event occurs, your Zap will automate the action step.
So, you can set up a Zap to send a Slack notification (the action) every time you get a new LinkedIn Ads lead (the trigger). Or, if you’re working in MarkUp.io, get notified in a dedicated Slack channel every time a new MarkUp reply is posted.
Zapier cuts out the extra legwork, so you don’t have to waste time on repetitive tasks that zap (sorry about the pun) the life out of you.
Here are some of the best ways to utilize our new integration:
- Create Asana tasks from new MarkUps
- Create Trello cards for new MarkUps
- Get direct Slack notifications for new MarkUp.io comments
- Send Mailchimp campaigns for new MarkUps (only available on Pro Zapier accounts)
- Add new MarkUp.io comments to Google Sheets rows
- Create Asana stories from new MarkUp comments
- Create Basecamp 3 projects from new MarkUps
- Get notified directly through Slack about new MarkUp replies
- Send outbound emails for new unresolved MarkUp comments
- Create Airtable records for new MarkUps
- Complete tasks in Todoist for newly resolved comments
- Post new MarkUp comments in Microsoft Teams channels
- Create Notion pages for new MarkUps
- Send Slack channel messages for new MarkUps
- Update Notion database items with new MarkUp replies
Now you can unleash the power of automation in whatever way suits your working processes best.
As if that weren’t enough, Zapier also helps us to keep making your MarkUp.io experience even bigger and better.
This year, one of our main priorities is introducing new ways to make your workflows even more efficient. Integrations are a huge part of that, and we’re thrilled that Zapier is leading the way.
The types of workflows you set up will give us a better idea of what our community needs so we can bring you even more impactful integrations.
We can’t go into too much detail (we’re mysterious like that 😉), but some really exciting ones in the areas of communication and project management are coming soon.
How to set it all up
Excited to get your tools talking to each other? All pumped up and ready to build a new automated workflow (or Zaps)? We don’t blame you!
Let’s take a more in-depth look at how it all works.
- First, you’ll need a MarkUp.io account and a Zapier account set up. Remember, both are completely free! 🎉
- In your MarkUp.io account, choose Zapier from the Integrations tab.
- From there, you can create your own template or use one of our pre-made templates.
Alternatively, you can start in Zapier and input the API key found in your Workspace’s Integrations tab when prompted.
Setting up your Zap
Here’s a nifty little run-through of how you can create your first Zap in a few simple steps!
Want even more details? Check out our Help Center to see the full set-up in action. 🙌
Time to get Zapping!
We’re so excited to bring you this first integration, and many more in the near future. It’s gonna be a blast seeing you combine Zapier and MarkUp.io to streamline your feedback process even more. ⚡
And as if that weren’t enough, the second stage of this integration is coming soon – creating Zapier actions. This will effectively let you send data into MarkUp.io so you can create, update, or find existing MarkUps. So, for example, whenever you add a new image to your Google Drive, Zapier will automatically add it to a MarkUp.io Folder. Or, each time you create a new ClickUp task, a new MarkUp is also created. The list goes on.
The fun to be had is neverending, so watch this space. 👀
Ready to get started with the Zapier x MarkUp.io combo? Head to your MarkUp.io Workspace to connect with Zapier and create your first Zap. Or, if you’re still looking to give MarkUp.io a whirl, sign up for a free 30-day trial of our Pro plan.
Happy automating! 🙌